Yogurt and granola is one of my favorite healthy breakfasts. It’s quick, filling, and requires no coordination when you’re running late and need to leave the house. Most mornings, I’ll usually just grab a Greek yogurt and toss in some packaged granola.
But one weekend, with more time to spare and room for a little creativity, I decided to give my breakfast a makeover. I roasted strawberries until they were sweet and juicy and layered them over Greek yogurt. I made my own cocoa and peanut butter flavored granola and crumbled in shards of bittersweet dark chocolate.
When I combined it all, the result was a superb breakfast: crunchy, yet smooth, and with all the taste of dessert (think: chocolate covered strawberries!) but all of the goodness of breakfast.
- 2 cups uncooked, raw oats
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- bittersweet chocolate, grated, to taste
- greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Quarter the strawberries and toss with sugar and vanilla extract. Transfer to sheet pan. Roast until juicy and fragrant, 15-20 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together the oats, flaxseed meal, brown sugar, cocoa and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the honey, peanut butter, oil, water, and vanilla bean paste until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the oat mixture and mix well, until the oats are fully coated. Spread the oats in an even layer on a sheet pan, and bake until golden brown, stirring often, 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature, stirring the oats. Layer greek yogurt and roasted strawberries in a bowl, top with granola and grate chocolate over the top.
11 responses to “Strawberry Yogurt Bowls with Homemade Granola”
My favourite breakfast!
Beautiful pictures!! And this home-made granola must be so delicious!!!
Thanks! It was. Try it!
Delicious. What a great granola recipe. Stunning photos too. This is seriously gourmet breakfast. Roasted strawberries?! Yum.
Thanks Amanda! It did feel pretty gourmet 😉
Yum looks delish!! I bet it tastes like a dessert…good one! 🙂
Thanks! It does! And what could be better than dessert, right?!
Yum! This granola looks so yummy
Thanks! It was.
Definitely gonna try!
Let me know how it comes out!