I sometimes think of this blog as a recipe book of sorts; a place where I photograph and write down each of my favorite recipes, and detail why they’re my favorite. It’s true! Whenever I discover a brilliant new recipe or want to remember a good ol’ favorite, this is where they go.
And now, here’s yet another one that needs to be added: this absurdly simple, but virtually perfect brownie recipe, which, upon discovering and immediately trying, yielded the brownies I’d always dreamed of. Crackly edges, a fudgy, not-too-sweet middle and a simple, slightly complex flavor from the combination of cocoa + chocolate all add up to a brownie that’s a wonderful little dessert, afternoon treat, or midnight snack. You decide.
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped or in chunks
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons dutch cocoa
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Spray it with a nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium heatproof bowl over gently simmering water, melt chocolate and butter together until mostly smooth. Off the heat, stir until completely smooth and fully melted.
- Whisk in cocoa, sugar, then eggs, one at a time, then vanilla and salt.
- Stir in flour with a spoon or flexible spatula and scrape batter into prepared pan, spread until even.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out batter-free.
- Let cool and cut into desired size.
5 responses to “Best Ever Brownies”
k sorry that lookS way to goooooooooooooodd. whats up, first theese heavan looking yums, and then clothes that only look good if your skinny?!?!?! :p
they look so good!! is this a temptation blog or something?
those look amazing and sound amazing!!
yumm!! looks really yummy!!!
Delish!!!! i guess that only healthy food diet has gotta wait till i try these out! 🙂