With Valentine’s day not far off, when I saw this cute craft online, I knew I had to feature it.
These hand-shaped sugar cubes can be molded in any form, but obviously, I chose hearts to fit the occasion. They’re simple to make and only require freezing overnight, so that when morning comes, you can slip one in your coffee and you’ll be good to go.
Tucked into a sweet bag, with a teabag and a note, these are the perfect gift to give to friends.
- granulated white or brown sugar
- gift bags
- ice cube tray or candy mold
- Lay out your essential supplies and fill a bowl with water and a bowl with sugar. Make sure your mold is clean with no dirt or residue.
- Pour about half a cup of sugar into a bowl. Use a teaspoon to pour small amounts of water on the sugar, little by little, and mix until it is a paste-like consistence. Make sure the mixture doesn’t become syrupy.
- Mold the sugar-water-paste into ice cube trays, about half-way full, and press tight into the mold. Freeze overnight. When done, remove and enjoy.